As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Kraido Seeds
Kraido Red Onion Seeds Karmen Allium Cepa 500 Seeds, Grow Your Own Vegetable, sow by November 2024, Perfect for Outdoor Growing in Garden or Raised Beds or in Large Pots and ContainersKraido Seeds
- Depending on growing conditions, seeds will germinate in 7-14 days. A very productive and easy to grow variety. The bulbs come out flattened yet globe-shaped, and the flesh is a crisp white with quite beautiful light-crimson circles between the scales.
Onions are packed with nutrients and are very healthy whether they're raw or cooked. Pack contains 500 quality seeds. Starting onion plants from seed takes the longest for onions to fully grow, but onion seeds give you the most choices in variety.
|Height||15 cm (5.91 Inches)|
|Length||8 cm (3.15 Inches)|
|Width||0.4 cm (0.16 Inches)|
2. Pretty Wild Seeds
Onion Red Baron Seeds in Pictorial Packet from a UK Seller Low Maintenance Vegetable with Long StoragePretty Wild Seeds
- Approximately 150 seeds per packet. Best sown in the Autumn. Standard salad crop for bunching; relatively low maintenance. Good quality red onion with nice skin colour and texture.
3. Premier Seeds Direct
PREMIER SEEDS DIRECT, 1400 Finest Seeds, Onion, RED BaronPremier Seeds Direct
- Can be sown in late summer / autumn to over-winter in milder UK areas. Days to germination: 10-12. Start in early spring indoors / heated greenhouse 8-10 weeks before transplanting outdoors.
Thin to 5 inches apart when plants are 6 inches tall. Onions are claimed to ward off many insect pests around lettuce, cabbage and carrots. Days to harvest: 100-160 Professional defra licenced quality seed supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags - Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice.
When transplanting, clip plants to three inches and plant 2 inches deep.
Planting Depth: 1/2. Fertile, moist soil enriched with compost is best for onion production. Harvest young for salads or when mature as tops are brown and dry. Can be sown directly when ground has warmed in mid-late spring, at 2-3 seeds per inch, however bulbs may struggle to mature in poor summers.
4. Mr Fothergills
Onion Spring Rossa Lunga di Firenze, red, Mr Fothergill's 12389 Vegetable SeedsMr Fothergills
- Used at any stage. Often roasted on skewers to retain its unusual bottle shape. Early and late sowings may benefit from cloche protection. Good source of vitamin C. Mild salad onion which becomes increasingly pungent as the bulbs mature.
5. Premier Seeds Direct
North Holland Blood RED REDMATE, Onion Spring, PREMIER SEEDS DIRECT, 1200 SeedsPremier Seeds Direct
- Days to germination: 10-14 days to harvest: 60-120 planting depth: 1/2" Spacing, Row: 12-18 inches Spacing, Plant: 1-2 inches Light: Full Sun or Partial Shade. Professional defra licenced 07274 quality seed supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags - Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice.
Fertile, moist soil enriched with compost is best for onion production. Planting space rows 12 inches apart.
When seedlings are 3 inches high, thin to stand 2 to 3 inches apart. Scatter seed in the row at the rate of 3 seeds per inch. Harvest young plants in 60 days for bunching onions and up to 120 days for mature bulbing plants. For the finest onions, seed directly outdoors, depth 1/4 to 1/2 inch, in full sun to partial shade and well-drained soil as soon as the ground can be worked in spring.
6. Suttons Seeds
Suttons, Spring Onion Seeds, Red & White MixSuttons Seeds
- Sow succession ally for continuous cropping. Add colour and bite to salads. Fast cropping. Mix of red and white spring onions.
7. Mr Fothergills
Mr Fothergill's 13146 Vegetable Seeds, Onion Red BaronMr Fothergills
- Allow to dry before storing in a cool, dry room. High yields of attractive blood-red globes. Have an excellent flavour. Good source of vitamin C. Stores well.
Welldales 50 Long Scarlet Sweet Red Onion Seeds Easy Peel Large Italian Florence HeirloomWelldales
- Popular in salads & dishes - long red onion Seed Packets - Over 50 Seeds Included to Plant & Grow. Harvest early for mini salad onions or Allow to Grow on for Giant Red Onions - Crisp Layered Inner Flesh. Seed germination until harvest times: Large Onions: 90 days, Mini Onions: 60 Days - Resistant to Bolting.
Seeds produce aromatic giant red Onions once Grown - Originates in Italy - a Popular Heirloom Variety. Sweet, fleshy, easy to peel long onions - Grows Great Indoors as a Kitchen Vegetable or Outdoors in Soil.
Welldales 50 Sweet Onion Seeds UK Red & Brown Large Seed Mix for PlantingWelldales
- Brunswick & Stuttgarter Gardeners Selected Seeds. Sweet aromatic onions - Ideal for Cooking - Great Yearlong Growers. 50 fresh seeds - harvested this Year - Yields Red & Brown, Large Onions. Easy to sow - commonly Grown Throughout the UK - Fertile Seeds.